Sunday, October 20, 2013

shower tunes



All twenty portraits are done for my accordion book. Now I need to put it together. This has been a fun project which I did not expect to do. It just kind of grew. If I’d planned it I might have chosen other colours and a different size format. I used what I had on hand. So it may be in time that I tackle another of these when I feel so disposed. One perhaps with softer colours, more carefully chosen stones and better photos to start with; I’m happy though with the results.



I mentioned before that I would post before and after pictures from my art journal. Well here is a picture of a watercolour wash in my journal before play:





And here is a picture of what I did with it:






This is not meant to be great art or even art at all. These are glorified doodles, giving my imagination permission to be goofy.










I doubt that I would use these sketches for further work but that’s okay. Not all songs are meant for the concert hall. Some are quite content to be sung in the shower.



No comments:

Post a Comment